Alexandrite, Cushion Cut 4.59ct
- Alexandrite, Cushion Cut
- Product Code: ALEX 0003
- Colour change under yellow light
- Carat: 4.59
- Size Approximately: 9.91 x 8.47 x 6.32 mm
Alexandrite is a relatively hard gemstone, it measures 8.5 on the MOH's hardness scale (stainless steel measures 6.5).
The Alexandrite exhibits a colour change in different lighting. In white light it shows a beautiful green, in yellow incandescent light it shows a Brownish red colour.
It is an ideal gemstone for an engagement ring, wedding ring or even just an
- Birthstones of the month: June
- Moh's scale of hardness: 8.5/10 on the Moh's scale of hardness (harder than stainless steel which is 6.5/10),
- Jewellry making: Very durable and suitable for rings and other jewellery.
- Origin: Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Tanzania, Russia, etc.
- Gemstone family: Chrysoberyl
Ready About Alexandrite at these websites:
- https://www.gia.edu/alexandrite - Alexandrite Gemstone | Natural Alexandrite Stone By Gemological Institute of America
- https://www.gemsociety.org/article/alexandrite-jewelry-and-gemstone-information/ Alexandrite price, value and jewelry information - International Gem Society
- https://agta.org/education/gemstones/alexandrite/ - All about Alexandrite | AGTA American Gem Trade Association
- https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com/blogs/blog/47867907-alexandrite-the-legendary-gem - Alexandrite the legendary gem by Tay Kunming