Alexandrite, India 0.24ct
Regular price $672.00
- Round Cut
- Colour Changing
- Dimensions: 3.61 x 3.55 x 2.35 mm
- Weight: 0.24ct
- Located at Kandahar outlet
The Alexandrite is a phenomena gem. It displays the phenomena called colour change. Most of the time under day light it is green in colour. When placed under incandescent light (candle light) it changes to a reddish, purplish, brownish colour. This is due to the reaction of light with the chromium in the gem. At different times of the day, you will see a slightly different shade of green / reddish / purplish / brown.
At https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com we have a good collection of alexandrite gems which you can use for earrings, rings, pendants, bracelets and other jewellery.
The alexandrites in our stock are from Brazil, Sri Lanka, Africa, India just to name a few origins.
- Birthstones of the month: June
- Moh's scale of hardness: 8.5/10 on the Moh's scale of hardness (harder than stainless steel which is 6.5/10),
- Jewellry making: Very durable and suitable for rings and other jewellery.
- Origin: Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Tanzania, Russia, etc.
- Gemstone family: Chrysoberyl
Ready About Alexandrite at these websites:
- https://www.gia.edu/alexandrite - Alexandrite Gemstone | Natural Alexandrite Stone By Gemological Institute of America
- https://www.gemsociety.org/article/alexandrite-jewelry-and-gemstone-information/ Alexandrite price, value and jewelry information - International Gem Society
- https://agta.org/education/gemstones/alexandrite/ - All about Alexandrite | AGTA American Gem Trade Association
- https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com/blogs/blog/47867907-alexandrite-the-legendary-gem - Alexandrite the legendary gem by Tay Kunming