- Oval Cut
- Colour Changing
- Dimensions: 5.67 x 4.42 x 3.44mm
- Weight: 0.71ct
- Located at Kandahar outlet
This particular oval shape Alexandrite is very beautiful. It has a good green base colour with a lavender colour change. The Alexandrite was bought from Sri Lanka, it is clean with no visible inclusions and well cut.
Alexandrite is a relatively hard gemstone, it measures 8.5 on the MOH's hardness scale (stainless steel measures 6.5).
It is an ideal gemstone for an engagement ring, wedding ring or even just an anniversary gift an alternative to diamond.
Note: Price stated is for gemstone only. Price also includes gem certification from (Far East Gem Lab) Ring is used for visualization purpose. Colour of gemstone may differ slightly from what is shown on-screen.
The Alexandrite is a phenomena gem. It displays the phenomena called colour change. Most of the time under day light it is green in colour. When placed under incandescent light (candle light) it changes to a reddish, purplish, brownish colour. This is due to the reaction of light with the chromium in the gem. At different times of the day, you will see a slightly different shade of green / reddish / purplish / brown.
At https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com we have a good collection of alexandrite gems which you can use for earrings, rings, pendants, bracelets and other jewellery.
The alexandrites in our stock are from Brazil, Sri Lanka, Africa, India just to name a few origins.
- Birthstones of the month: June
- Moh's scale of hardness: 8.5/10 on the Moh's scale of hardness (harder than stainless steel which is 6.5/10),
- Jewellry making: Very durable and suitable for rings and other jewellery.
- Origin: Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Tanzania, Russia, etc.
- Gemstone family: Chrysoberyl
Ready About Alexandrite at these websites:
- https://www.gia.edu/alexandrite - Alexandrite Gemstone | Natural Alexandrite Stone By Gemological Institute of America
- https://www.gemsociety.org/article/alexandrite-jewelry-and-gemstone-information/ Alexandrite price, value and jewelry information - International Gem Society
- https://agta.org/education/gemstones/alexandrite/ - All about Alexandrite | AGTA American Gem Trade Association
- https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com/blogs/blog/47867907-alexandrite-the-legendary-gem - Alexandrite the legendary gem by Tay Kunming