Natural Alexandrite, Cushion Cut 5.19ct
- Natural Alexandrite, Cushion Cut
- Product Code: ALEX 0005
- Colour change under yellow light
- Carat: 5.19
- Size Approximately: 10.17 x 8.90 x 6.37 mm
Alexandrite is a relatively hard gemstone, it measures 8.5 on the MOH's hardness scale (stainless steel measures 6.5). This 5.19ct Alexandrite displays a very beautiful and unique green colour. It also has a strong colour change.
The gemstone has very high clarity and is free from cracks.
It is an ideal gemstone for an engagement ring, wedding ring or even just an anniversary gift.
- Birthstones of the month: June
- Moh's scale of hardness: 8.5/10 on the Moh's scale of hardness (harder than stainless steel which is 6.5/10),
- Jewellry making: Very durable and suitable for rings and other jewellery.
- Origin: Brazil, Sri Lanka, India, Tanzania, Russia, etc.
- Gemstone family: Chrysoberyl
Ready About Alexandrite at these websites:
- https://www.gia.edu/alexandrite - Alexandrite Gemstone | Natural Alexandrite Stone By Gemological Institute of America
- https://www.gemsociety.org/article/alexandrite-jewelry-and-gemstone-information/ Alexandrite price, value and jewelry information - International Gem Society
- https://agta.org/education/gemstones/alexandrite/ - All about Alexandrite | AGTA American Gem Trade Association
- https://www.fareastgemsjewellery.com/blogs/blog/47867907-alexandrite-the-legendary-gem - Alexandrite the legendary gem by Tay Kunming